Tuesday, September 18, 2012

X-Share – cool tutorial for learning Symfony2 Framework

Hello,

At the moment of writing this blog post I’m working in Pentalog, which is a computer and technology services company, focusing on low cost offshore/nearshore IT engineering and software development.

Few days ago I found out, that as a result of our summer internship program some of the developers from our company created a great tutorial called X-Share. Following this tutorial you’ll create a website, that permits sharing of some objects between the members of a group. As an example it could be sharing books, sharing of the discount cards, sports equipment, etc. This tutorial is open sourced and is on SourceForge.

I hope you guys will find it useful, because one of you right now could be searching for a practical example of a  Symfony2 working application. And a little disclaimer: although I’m very proud of what my colleagues have done and achieved, I wasn’t involved in any way in creation and developing of this tutorial, so all the credits goes to them.

P.S. It is great to see how open source community evolves, and I hope X-Share become your first place to show to your new junior PHP developer for learning Symfony2 basics.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    ReplyDelete