Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tools I can’t imagine my dev life without #1: Ninite.com

Hi,

Last day of March and I want to start today this new series of posts where I’ll try to share with you some of the gems already there, but I suppose the majority of developers in the world don’t really know about.

So one of these gems is site Ninite.com.

Every time when I need to install a fresh version of Windows somewhere (and as a programmer I do this more than I would like to) and there is an internet connection I use Ninite installer to install all the software that is needed. It does have almost everything there, and the list is growing.

Once you’ve chosen the programs you’d like to install, it will generate an installer for you, and you should save it on your machine and download it. Now after you’ve downloaded it, run it and you will see something like these (it depends on the programs you’ve chosen).

After that, you’ll just need to wait while all of your programs will finish to install, and that’s all!

Awesome!!! Isn’t it?

Ideas, concerns, suggestions, tips & tricks – I’m waiting for all these. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!
    Now, I can get rid of all the installers I keep saving over the years.

    ReplyDelete